Lentil soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Lentils are coupled with vegetables for this family-friendly lentil soup. Topped with spinach and a splash of vinegar, this is the perfect weekday dinner.
This soup recipe was a long time coming! Over the years, I made some lackluster lentil soups that never saw the light of day on this website. No vegetarian food blog would be complete without a proper lentil soup, though, so I perfected one of my own. You make ready boiling parch Lentil soup accepting 6 modus operandi moreover 7 along with. Here you are produce.
ingredients of Lentil soup
- You need 1 lb of lentils.
- You need 12 oz of can petite diced tomatos.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1/2 c of frozen onion and pepper.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 (12 oz) of cans of broth.
This is THE lentil soup I grew up with. My mother would make this for us at least once a week, and she would add anything to it: pork, chicken or beef. Pair lentils with your favorite vegetables to make this flavorful, hearty soup from Martha Stewart. There's no better way to warm up on a cold day than with a lentil soup.
Lentil soup prescription
- Rinse lentils then boil for 30 minutes, season the boiling water with 1 tblsp each cayenne and paprika. (Can be done ahead of time, perfect prep to do on the weekend then toss the soup together after work).
- Rinse lentils, set aside or store in fridge. Can be made up to 3 days ahead of time..
- Dice carrot and garlic..
- Add garlic, onion, pepper, carrot to medium heat w 1 tbl oil until onions sweat...about 4 mins.
- Stir tomatos, mix completely and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add lentils & broth + 1/2 c water, simmer for 30 minutes..
- Using emulsion blender for texture is optional. Image is without emulsion blender..
Add up to a cup more water if the lentil soup becomes too thick during cooking. Heat the oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Thick, flavorful lentil soup is budget-friendly and full of nutrients. Stir up a batch with one of Food Network's most-popular lentil soup recipes, and make it a favorite in your repertoire.