Skillet Meatloaf & Potatoes. Find & Share Your Favorite Dishes! It's such a simple and classic meatloaf recipe. My whole family loves it when I make this for dinner.
One of those seasons where I have to remind myself to just breathe. Everytime I sigh in relief that there is a task crossed off my list, another one comes up. This skillet meatloaf starts with a pared-down ingredient list. You cook steeping pressure-cook Skillet Meatloaf & Potatoes accepting 20 compound as a consequence 5 together with. Here is how you nail it.
compound of Skillet Meatloaf & Potatoes
- Prepare 8 of red potatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- It's 1/2 tsp of cayenne.
- It's 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It's 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- It's 1 of egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 of vidalia onions (or 3 small sweet onions).
- It's 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of rosemary.
- Prepare 1/2 of oregano.
- It's 1/2 tsp of basil.
- It's 1/2 tsp of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of red wine.
- It's 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Lean ground beef leads the way, accented with just enough ground pork to add flavor and fat without leaving the meatloaf greasy. It gets its rich flavor from the slow sauté of diced onions, where the even heat of a cast iron skillet coaxes out complex, caramel-like flavors. The great part about meatloaf is that it has numerous varieties and even though the general concept is the same, everyone has preferred additions to make it their own. This particular recipe is for an electric skillet meatloaf!
Skillet Meatloaf & Potatoes gradually
- Cube potatoes into bite-size pieces. In a medium bowl, mix potatoes with olive oil, italian seasoning, cayenne, garlic cloves, and a pinch of salt. Cook in a large skillet on medium heat while preparing other ingredients. Cook 10 minutes before browning meat..
- Brown beef in a large skillet..
- Add ketchup, bread crumbs, egg, brown sugar, 1 onion (diced), thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil, garlic powder, and bay leaf. Stir and let cook about 5 minutes..
- Quarter the remaining onions and add to the pan with potatoes. Add more extra virgin olive oil if necessary..
- Add red wine to the beef mixture, and cook about 1 minute; combine beef with the potatoes, and add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and discard the bay leaf. Stir in cheese until slightly melted. Serve over french bread..
If you're new to the concept of baking meatloaf in an electric skillet, then you've come to the right place! In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add saltines, onion, celery and carrot. Add ground beef and mix until well combined. Here's the secret to a super-quick meatloaf dinner: preheat a cast iron skillet in the oven while you mix up the ingredients.