Baked Cabbage Rolls in White Sauce. Roll toward the stalk, tucking in sides. Place rolls, seam side down, in a baking dish. Combine sauce ingredients; pour over rolls.
Repeat until rice mixture is gone. Pour sour cream mixture over cabbage rolls. These cabbage rolls are baked in a baking dish with a tomato-based sauce. You make ready boiling nuke Baked Cabbage Rolls in White Sauce testing 12 ingredients including 9 including. Here you are put it over.
process of Baked Cabbage Rolls in White Sauce
- It's 7 - 8 of Cabbage leaves.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Corned Beef Ground / Minced /.
- You need 1 of Onion finely chopped.
- It's 1 of Bell Pepper finely chopped.
- It's 1/2 Cup of Peas.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Corn.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Ketchup.
- It's 2 Tablespoons of Butter at room temp.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Plain Flour.
- You need 1 Cup of Milk.
The mixture of ground beef, rice, and onion makes a delicious filling for the partially cooked cabbage leaves. The head of cabbage is frozen and then thawed, which softens the leaves and makes them easy to peel and stuff. In Ukrainian kitchens, cabbage leaves are often used as cases for soft fillings. These rolls are a little different, because the leaves are filled with a meat stuffing and not primarily a cereal mixture.
Baked Cabbage Rolls in White Sauce singly
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and blanch your cabbage leaves in it. Letting it swim in the boiling water for about 3 minutes. Let it drain and keep aside..
- Meanwhile, drizzlle a little oil in a pan and sautee the onions. Then add the paprika, garlic powder and ketchup. Sautee for a few minutes more and then add the meat and vegetables to it..
- Pour 1/4 a cup of water to the mix and let it cook on a low flame, unitl it reaches a thick sauce like consistency..
- Now take a cabbage leaf and place a little of the meat sauce in it and roll it up Tuck in the sides so that the meat mixture is secure inside the cabbage leaf. Roll out all the leaves similarly..
- Place these rolls seam side down on a steamer and steam them for 10 minutes..
- While they are steaming, bring the milk to a boil in a sauce pan. In another bowl, mix together the butter and flour. This is the prevent any lumps from forming on the sauce. Now add the butter mix to the mix and stir well. Turn off the heat..
- Line the steamed cabbage rolls in a baking dish and drown it in the white sauce..
- In an over preheated to 350 degree Farenheit, bake the cabbage rolls for 20 minutes. Remove from the over after 20 minutes and rest it for a further 10 minutes. Ideally, the white sauce would have set and achieved a jelly like consistency by now..
- Serve! :).
For a different flavor, use tomato juice instead of chicken broth. So when I saw the recipe for Stuffed Cabbage Rolls with White Wine Sauce instead of the common red tomato sauce, I knew what I was making first. Wine in a recipe = an excuse to open a bottle of wine = I'm all in. The meat filling is mixed with bread instead of rice for a lighter texture. Braised in a light white wine lemon sauce.