Baked Mushroom Samosa. Mushroom Samosa Recipe, Learn how to make Mushroom Samosa (absolutely delicious recipe of Mushroom Samosa ingredients and cooking method) The classic Indian snack with a twist. Mushrooms replace the good old potato filling in this version of the samosa. This Mushroom Samosa recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried & tested recipes from NDTV Food.
First to begin with making samosa,make the samosa pastry. In a mixing bowl,add all the ingredients mentioned under "For Pastry". Add water little by little to knead a tight dough. You complete browning sizzle Baked Mushroom Samosa working 14 compound along with 7 as a consequence. Here you go put it over.
ingredients of Baked Mushroom Samosa
- It's of For pastry.
- It's 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ajwain.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of oil/ghee plus oil for brushing.
- It's of As per taste salt.
- It's of Water for kneading.
- You need of For stuffing.
- You need 200 gms of button mushrooms.
- You need 2 of finely chopped onions.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 7-8 of curry leaves.
- It's 1 tsp of red chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need of As per taste salt.
India's most popular snack or appetizer , mushroom samosa is easy to prepare at home with this samosa recipe. The deep fried patties with mushrooms, onion, potato and spices called samosa can be prepared in various shapes and sizes. Share and recommend samosa recipe online. Baked Samosa with step by step photos.
Baked Mushroom Samosa compound
- To prepare pastry in a mixing bowl seive 2 cups flour with salt, to seived mixture add 1/2 tsp ajwain,add 3 tablespoon oil and using finger tips gently rub oil to flour, once done add required amount of water and knead the dough well,dough shud not be soft but stiff,cover and let it rest..
- Meanwhile heat pan add tablespoon of oil add curry leaves, 2 finely chopped onion, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and saute till translucent, now add chopped mushroom and salt,cover the lid and cook on low flame, mushrooms will start releasing water, open the lid, add 1 tsp red chili powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder and cook on high flame till it dries out completely, our stuffing is ready.
- After stuffing has cooled completely, knead the dough lightly again, divide into 8-10 equal parts, take a dough piece and roll it into round shape like roti, make sure it's fine and not thick.
- Using knife cut into two portions from center, with finger tips apply little water on straight edge, and join both edges to form cone shape.
- Fill in required stuffing carefully in cone and seal the edges well, pinch the pointed end of samosa well.
- Now transfer it to a baking dish or baking tray, cover samosas with cloth to avoid drying of pastry.Brush little oil over it and bake them at preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 25-30 min or until golden brown in colour..
- Serve this delicious and healthy samosas with ketchup and green chutney.
This is a healthy version of samosa which is baked and made with whole wheat flour. I sometimes make them when we want to have a healthy recipe of samosa with ginger tea. This recipe of baked samosa, I have learnt in my home science college days and I still follow it. Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. A samosa is a fried or baked dish with a Savoury filling, such as spiced potatoes, onions and other stuffing.