Herbed Summer Squash Pasta Bake. I doubled this, and froze half. Pasta tossed with slowly roasted cherry tomatoes, basil pesto, burrata cheese, and prosciutto. All baked until the cheese is melty and the prosciutto extra crisp.
Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan. A wonderful crust layered with herbed tomato sauce and toppings encourages my family of six to dig right in to this low-fat main course. —Denise Warner, Red Lodge, Montana. Basil and bacon make best summer buds in this smoky-sweet pasta. You accomplish boiling imbue Herbed Summer Squash Pasta Bake testing 15 modus operandi so 6 moreover. Here is how you make it.
technique of Herbed Summer Squash Pasta Bake
- You need 8 ounces of pasta , any shape you like--I used rotini.
- It's 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It's 1 pound of summer squash , halved lengthwise and sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of lemon zest finely grated.
- It's half of lemon Juice of a.
- You need 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter (45 grams).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic , minced.
- You need 3 large or 5 of scallions skinny , sliced thin and white/pale green parts and dark green tops in separate piles.
- It's Pinches of to taste of red pepper flakes.
- It's 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour (25 grams).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of milk , ideally whole but low-fat will also work.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flat-leaf parsley chopped , divided.
- You need to taste of Salt pepper and more.
- You need 3/4 cup of parmesan pecorino romano cheese finely grated or aged , divided.
- Prepare 4 ounces of mozzarella (115 grams) , cut into small cubes.
I pair it with a simple spring mix salad. herbed summer squash pasta bake One of the things I've first-world struggled with since the beginning of this incubation period is a lack of appetite. Of course, there's the glib side of me — great for managing weight gain! why "eat for two" if you can eat for half?! — but mostly, it's a bummer. Place the prosciutto slices on the baking sheet.
Herbed Summer Squash Pasta Bake one at a time
- Cook the pasta: If you’ve got an oven-save 3-quart deep skillet or braising pan, use it here and you’ll only need one pot for the whole recipe. Otherwise, bring an medium/large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 1 to 2 minutes before perfect doneness. Drain and set aside..
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the squash: Heat a large skillet or the pot you just used to cook your pasta to high heat. Once hot, add olive oil, and let it heat until almost smoking. Add sliced squash, season it with salt and pepper flakes and let it sear underneath, unmoved, until golden brown. Continue to saute until browned and somewhat wilted, about 10 minutes, trying to get some color on each layer before moving squash around. Transfer to a bowl and squeeze lemon juice over bowl. Add more salt or pepper if n....
- Make the sauce: Reheat your the same pot over medium heat. Melt butter in bottom of pan. Add scallion white and pale green parts and garlic and let sizzle for 1 to 2 minutes. Add flour and stir until all has been dampened and absorbed. Add milk, a small splash at a time, stirring the whole time with a spoon. Make sure each splash has been fully mixed into the butter/flour/onion/garlic mixture, scraping from the bottom of the pan and all around, before adding the next splash. Repeat until all....
- Assemble dish: Off the heat, add drained pasta, summer squash, 1/2 cup grated parmesan and all of the mozzarella to the pot, stirring to combine. If pan is ovenproof, you can bake your final dish in it. If not, transfer mixture to a 2 to 3 quart ovenproof casserole or baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan..
- Bake: For 25 to 30 minutes, until edges of pasta are golden brown and irresistible. Sprinkle with reserved parsley and serve hot..
Once cool, finely chop the prosciutto. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil, and lightly spray or brush with olive oil. Place the olive oil and zucchini wedges into a medium sized bowl and toss. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add squash and increase heat to medium high; season with.